Call for Papers
ISSTD 30th Annual Conference “Navigating Development of the Therapist: Integration of Knowledge, Experience, and Research in Complex Trauma and Dissociation.”
Deadline: April 3
Conferences and Workshop
* First Person Plural "Understanding Dissociation and Complex Dissociative Disorders."
Presenters: Presenters: Melanie Goodwin and Kathryn Livingston
April 6, Rugby, Warwickshire, England
October 5, Swindon, Wiltshire, England
* The Trauma Center "Treating Adults with Co-Occurring Complex PTSD and Substance Use Disorders: An Emotion Regulation Approach."
Presenter: Julian Ford
April 10-11, Boston, MA
* Male Survivor Weekends of Recovery.
April 12-14, Ben Lohmond, CA.
May 17 - 19, Dahlonega, GA.
July 12 - 14, New Haven, CT.
August 16 - 18, Alta, UT.
September 20 - 22, Alta, UT.
October 18 - 20, Peebles, OH.
* European Society for Trauma and Dissociation: “Symposium on Complex Trauma, Dissociation and Functional Disorders.”
Presenters: Mical Razka, Anna Gerge, Suzette Boon, Andrew Moskowitz, Mike Lloyd, Jan Roth, Foris de Lange, Alan Carson, Remy Aqjuarone
April 18, Prague, Czech Republic
* SNAP (Survivors Network of those Abused by Priests) World Conference
Presenters: Maeve Lewis, Bruce Arnold, Patsy McGarry Mari T. Steed, Juan Carlos Cruz, Andrew Madden, Marie Collins, Paddy Doyle
April 27 - 28, Dublin, Ireland
* ISSTD “Reflections on Clinical Practice and Clinical Research in Traumatic Stress.”
Presenters: Frank Putnam, Richard Loewenstein, Ruth Lanius, Richard Kluft, and Bethany Brand
April 27, Sheppard Pratt, Baltimore, MD.
* Survivorship Ritual Abuse and Child Abuse 2013 Conference “Survivors Moving Forward.”
May 4 - 5, Oakland, CA
* The Pottergate Centre and the European Society for Trauma and Dissociation "Evidence-Based Diagnosis and Informed Treatment for Dissociative Disorders and Complex PTSD: The SCID-D."
Presenters: Mariene Steinberg and Remy Aquarone
May 10 -11, London, England
* PODS Workshop/Training Day "Trauma and the Body: Somatisation and Dissociation."
May 11, Sutton Coldfield, West Midlands
June 22, Preston, Lancashire
June 29, Huntingdon, Cambridgeshire
* First Person Plural "Supporting Adult Survivors of Dissociative Disorders who have Dissociative Identity Disorder."
Presenters: Melanie Goodwin and Kathryn Livingston
June 1, Rugby, Warwickshire, England
November 16, Swindon, Wiltshire, England
* PODS Workshop/Training Day "Working with Relational Trauma - Attachment and Healthy Relationships."
June 8, Huntingdon, Cambridgeshire
October 26, Sutton Coldfield, West Midlands
November 9, Preston, Lancashire
* European Society for Trauma and Dissociation, UK Network "Practical Training for People in Practice (Training and Networking Event.)"
Presenters: Remy Aquarone, Orit Epstein, First Person Plural, Mike Lloyd, Renee Marks, Sue Richardson, Valerie Sinason, Nel Walker, Rachel Wingfield Schwartz, and Joe Schwartz.
June 29, York, England
* Cape Cod Institute "Frontiers of Trauma Treatment."
July 8 -12, Eastham, MA.
Presenter: Bessel van der Kolk
* Cape Cod Institute "Internal Family Systems Workshop"
July 15-19, Eastham, MA.
Presenter: Richard Schwartz
* SNAP (Survivors Network of those Abused by Priests) Annual Conference.
July 26 - 28, Washington DC.
* S.M.A.R.T.'s Ritual Abuse and Extreme Abuse Clinician’s Conference
August 9, Windsor Locks, CT
* S.M.A.R.T.'s 16th Annual Ritual Abuse, Secretive Organizations and Mind Control Conference
August 10 – 11, Windsor Locks, CT
* R.A.I.N.S. "Healing the Unimaginable: Treating Ritual Abuse and Mind Control."
Presenter: Alison MIller
September 6-8, Swanwick, Derbyshire, England
* Manor Hall Centre for Trauma "Healing the Unimaginable: Treating Ritual Abuse and Mind Control."
Presenter: Alison Miller
September 14-15, Deanston near Doune,
* The Pottergate Centre "Affect Regulation, The Use and Abuse of Self. Working with Complex Trauma and Dissociation."
Presenter: Remy Aquarone
November 7- 8 and 21-22, Norwich, England
* ISSTD 30th Annual Conference "Navigating Development of the Therapist: Integration of Knowledge, Experience, and Research in Complex Trauma and Dissociation."
Pre-conference: November 14 – 15, Baltimore, MD
November 16 – 18, Baltimore, MD
* European Society for Trauma and Dissociation "Trauma, Dissociation and Attachment in the 21st Century: Where are We Heading?"
Keynote Speakers: Etzel Cardeña, Eve Carlson, Susan Hart, Giovanni Liotti, Ellert Nijenhuis, and Andrew Moskowitz
March 27-29, 2014, Copenhagen, Denmark,
Preconferences: 1. Suzette Boon and Kathy Steele "Phase one treatment of complex dissociative disorders: Overcoming ‘impossible impasses."
2. Jim Knipe "The EMDR Toolbox: Specific procedures to treat Complex PTSD and other dissociative conditions."
3. Pat Ogden "The essential role of nonverbal communication in the treatment of trauma and dissociation: A Sensorimotor Psychotherapy perspective."
4. Sue Baker and John O’Neil "Transference & Countertransference revisited: The interplay of trauma and attachment in the process of therapy with dissociative disorders."
5. Sandra Wieland "Dissociation-focused assessment and treatment of traumatized children."
* Trauma and Abuse Group (TAG) National Conference
Presenters: Janina Fisher, Suzette Boon, Mike Lloyd, Ruth Cureton
April 4-6, 2014, Swanwick, Derbyshire, England